Thursday, April 9

Ten principles for a Black Swan-proof world

Initially I thought it must be me, unable to grasp the deep meaningful thoughts, cloaked in otherwise simplistic, vacuous, vague and obvious terms that Naseem Taleb uses to explain his "Ten principles for a Black Swan-proof world".

That was till I came across the first line on Taleb's homepage

"My major hobby is ... [to] get some entertainment & make a living out of the epistemic arrogance [or is it "ignorance"] of the human race."

Taleb's self description gets more entertaining with words & phrases like "how not to be turkey", robustify, fragilize, "pull tricks on reviewers", "a style that owes as much to Stephen Colbert as it does to Michel de Montaigne" (WSJ), Had Nassim Taleb been born in any other period, he would have certainly been put to death”, Carine Chichereau and "Please do not ask finance questions (not my specialty)"

No comments: